Today we’ll cook YODER’S AMISH CHOCOLATE PIE
Straight from grandma’s kitchen, Yoder’s Amish Chocolate Pie is smooth, silky, and practically melts in your mouth. Each slice is satisfying without being overly rich. We love topping it with gobs of whipped cream and sprinkling with chocolate shavings.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2½ tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust (Try my Amish Never Fail Pie Crust recipe below!)
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- In a large sauce pan, whisk together the sugar, flour, and cocoa.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, yolks, and vanilla. Pour into the sauce pan.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir in the butter. Bring to a simmer and allow to thicken.
- Pour into the baked pie crust and smooth the top. Let cool at room temperature for 2 hours and chill in the refrigerator for an additional 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
YODER’S AMISH CHOCOLATE PIE
Each slice is satisfying without being overly rich. We love topping it with gobs of whipped cream and sprinkling with chocolate shavings. The key to making this chocolate pie amazing and over the top is the fourth and fifth steps. Chill for a minimum of 2 hours. This pie take a bit of time to firm up and the chilling time allows the flavors to build up a bit. Trust me! If you can stand it, I would wait even longer if you can. I know that is asking a LOT. Just look at this amazing pie. The whipped cream and chocolate shavings are a must as well. They add texture and complimenting flavor to the already amazing chocolate pie.