Today we’ll cook Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe
This Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe is one of our favorites! As you would expect in a vegetable soup recipe, this is completely loaded with fresh veggies and flavor. It’s naturally low in fat and calories it’s the perfect lunch, snack or starter!
Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe
Vegetable soup is delicious, healthy and filling! It’s easy to make and perfect for lunch or afternoon snack.
How to Add More Flavor to Vegetable Soup
We love this vegetable soup and it’s very flavorful! We season with our favorite herbs or add Italian Seasoning but you can add whatever you’d like! Here are a few additions to change the flavor:
- replace canned tomatoes with spicy canned tomatoes
- add a few dashes of hot sauce
- fresh herbs such as basil or cilantro
- parmesan cheese (or a cheese rind while cooking)
- a very small amount of balsamic vinegar
- tomato paste or bouillion
- a splash of wine
How to Freeze Vegetable Soup
This vegetable soup recipe is great because it can be made on the weekend to enjoy throughout the week and it freezes well. I spoon it into single servings and portion it into freezer bags.
They’re easy to take out for a quick meal or snack and perfect to heat up for a quick meal on the go. If you’re looking for something quick and healthy you’ll love this easy veggie soup recipe!
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 4 cups chopped cabbage approx. ¼ head of cabbage
- 1 cup green beans 1″ pieces
- 2 whole bell peppers chopped
- 1 can 28 oz low sodium diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon each thyme & basil
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- In a large pot cook onion & garlic over medium heat until slightly softened.
- Add carrots, cabbage & green beans and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell peppers, undrained tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, bay leaves and seasonings. Simmer 6-7 minutes.
- Add in zucchini & broccoli. Simmer an additional 5 minutes or until softened.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.