Today we’ll cook Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Meatballs
We will need the following ingredients
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 22 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/3 cup dry minced onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Sauce
- 1 14 oz. can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup quality hoisin sauce (like Kikkoman or Lee Kum Kee)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Franks Buffalo Hot WINGS Sauce, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Place a baking rack on top of a baking sheet. Set aside. (If you don’t have a baking rack, line baking sheet with parchment paper.)
In a large bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients, mix until well combined. Roll meat mixture into desired meatball size**. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, add all of the Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Sauce ingredients starting with just 2 teaspoons hot wings sauce to a bowl and mix to combine. You can add more hot sauce to taste at the end of cooking.
Line the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs, then a layer of Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Sauce, then the remaining meatballs followed by the remaining. Sauce. Gently stir meatballs an hour after cooking.
Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours. Taste and stir in additional hot wings sauce (I use a total of 2 tablespoons which is spicy) Keep warm until serving.