Today we’ll cook Eggs Benedict Quiche
We will need the following ingredients
- 1 pie crust (store bought or favorite recipe..I share my recipe for pie crust here)
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Approximately 1/2 cup milk of choice (***read notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces canadian bacon diced
Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll pie crust out and fit into 9 inch pie dish. Trim any excess crust and flute the edges.
- Line the inside of the pie crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or beans (I use pinto beans) make sure that they are up against the sides of the pie crust. Bake the crust for about 20 minutes. Remove the weights and then bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. The crust will be golden.
- Prepare the egg mixture by adding the eggs to a large measuring cup. Add the heavy cream, then add the milk, the total measurement of the eggs, cream and milk should come to 2 and 1/2 cups. Add the salt and pepper.
- Mix with a hand mixer to ensure the egg and cream mixture is light and frothy.
- Spread the diced canadian bacon on the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the egg mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes. The quiche will be slightly wobbly in just the center.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes to room temperature. Quiche can be served warm, cold, or room temperature.
- Add the butter to a small saucepan and heat over low to medium heat.
- While the butter is melting add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne to blender (I found using the smaller jar for my blender worked better since the blades are able to get the small amounts easier).
- Once the butter is just melted and starting to foam up remove from heat.
- Blend the egg mixture in the blender for about 10-15 seconds then start to drizzle the hot butter into the blender while blending. Be careful!
- Once the hot butter is all added to the blender continues to blend for an additional 10-15 seconds. You will have a thick sauce. If too thick you can thin out with a small amount of water. You can also adjust seasonings if you prefer more salt or pepper.
- Use hollandaise sauce immediately. Serve spooned over slices of the quiche. Garnish with parsley if desired.