Today we’ll cook Crock Pot Cabbage Roll Casserole
Cabbage Roll Casserole is a super easy meal that you can prepare any day of the week.
Cabbage Rolls are delicious! I grew up on cabbage rolls made by my mom and grandma!
Crock Pot Cabbage Roll Casserole
Deliciously easy, this Cabbage Roll Casserole recipe cooks up in the slow cooker all day. All of the flavor without all of the fuss, this is sure to become a regular in your dinner rotation!
Recipe type: cabbage roll
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef or pork (or a mixture of the two)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup Water
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¾ cup long grain white rice , uncooked
- 1 head cabbage
- ⅓ Cup Water
- 1½ cups Mozzarella cheese (optional).
- Brown beef or pork, onion, garlic and seasonings over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, 1 cup water and ½ can of tomato soup and diced tomatoes to the beef.
- Stir in rice, and mix well until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Chop cabbage into 4 wedges and remove core. Chop into chunks (mine were about ¾"x1.5").
- Layer ½ of the meat mixture and ½ of the cabbage in the slow cooker. Repeat layers.Place half the meat and then half the cabbage in cooker.
- Combine the remaining tomato soup, remaining tomato sauce and ⅓ cup water. Pour over top of cabbage.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or just until rice is cooked. Once done, turn slow cooker off, sprinkle cheese on top and let sit 10 minutes to set and melt cheese.
Serving size: 8